(Archived) Adding a Multi Page Magazine Article to one Note

Am totally new to Evernote.  

I just have a normal scanner that I have had for some time (and definitely NOT a Fuju Scansnap scanner) but am able to scan to pdf. I want to be able to add multi page magazine articles into just one Note. (so I can read them later, as Page 1, Page 2 etc etc. just like in a normal magazine.)    

Can’t find anything in the Forum, nor in the tutorials on Youtube. Is this something that actually can be done? Can anyone please help?

• Level 5*

Without knowing the brand/model of your scanner it is difficult to offer help.

Try doing a google search on "brand model multi-page PDF", or similar.

Lots of scanners offer options to scan multiple pages into one file.

Many PDF programs offer options to add/delete pages to the PDF from other PDF files.

Thankyou for the really helpful reply.

Must admit that I had not picked up on the fact that to add 'multi-page documents' depends on one's Scanner. I had actually been expecting there to be something within Evernote similar to a Desktop Publishing Program I have and a 'insert/add a page' command. 

Whilst I doubt very much if my Scanner is able to do this (have had it years), thinking more about the reply, has made us look again at a Program I recently bought (but not yet used), ABBY FINE READER Pro 11 and it appears that I may be able to scan multi-page PDF pages with the help of this Program. Now to checkout these tutorials.

Certainly keeps the grey cells active. Many thanks once again for the reply.

Greatly Appreciated.

Thankyou for the really helpful reply.

Must admit that I had not picked up on the fact that to add 'multi-page documents' depends on one's Scanner. I had actually been expecting there to be something within Evernote similar to a Desktop Publishing Program I have and a 'insert/add a page' command. 

Whilst I doubt very much if my Scanner is able to do this (have had it years), thinking more about the reply, has made us look again at a Program I recently bought (but not yet used), ABBY FINE READER Pro 11 and it appears that I may be able to scan multi-page PDF pages with the help of this Program. Now to checkout these tutorials.

Certainly keeps the grey cells active. Many thanks once again for the reply.

Greatly Appreciated.

It's not a function of the scanner but rather the software & the settings in the software. I would be surprised if any scanning software allowed you to scan to PDF but not allow you to scan multiple pages to a single PDF.

• Level 5*

There is also software sold independently of the scanner that can use most scanners, and scan multiple pages into one PDF.  Adobe Acrobat is one such example, but I'm sure there are others which are cheaper.

Archived