Conflict with Office 2013

Hi,

Sorry, but it would help to explain that one a little better.

So Outlook just didn't open at all and when you ran Evernote it said their was a conflict with Word?

Was this a version of Evernote that was pre installed on a new computer?

Do you remember what version of Evernote was installed?

It might be worth removing Evernote using Revo Uninstaller and downloading the latest version 5.02

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I'm running Evernote 4,  W8 and Office 2013 without any problems.  If there are conflicts,  the individual bits of Office all have 'repair' options,  and as Chris says you can always Revo and reinstall Evernote.  If you're still having problems please give us more detail including which OS and which Evernote you;re using..

• 7 months later...

I have Office 2013 and I experienced problems with Evernote too. The first time this happened I was updating Evernote about a week ago in the background. Word 2013 stopped working an went into an unresponsive mode when I tried to add a symbol or retrieve any document lost during the previous close down. I took the computer to the technical office at my University an the uninstalled and re-installed Office 2013 on my 64bit Windows 7 computer. Word crashed again so I uninstalled Evernote and re-installed Office 2013. Everything went fine until I re-installed Evernote so now I am going to uninstall Evernote and re-install Office 2013. It appears that I will have to give up on Evernote. I even tried this without the Word Add-in but something about Evernote keeps breaking my Office 2013.

• Level 5*

I have Office 2013 and I experienced problems with Evernote too. The first time this happened I was updating Evernote about a week ago in the background. Word 2013 stopped working an went into an unresponsive mode when I tried to add a symbol or retrieve any document lost during the previous close down. I took the computer to the technical office at my University an the uninstalled and re-installed Office 2013 on my 64bit Windows 7 computer. Word crashed again so I uninstalled Evernote and re-installed Office 2013. Everything went fine until I re-installed Evernote so now I am going to uninstall Evernote and re-install Office 2013. It appears that I will have to give up on Evernote. I even tried this without the Word Add-in but something about Evernote keeps breaking my Office 2013.

From the seriously limited amount of investigation you've undertaken I'd say it's impossible to say what's causing your problems.  Please submit a support ticket to Evernote (see below) if you'd like to find out whether it's possible to use Evernote an Office 2013 on the same machine.  They certainly work well together for me on two machines.

• Level 5*

I wonder why it is that I feel personally insulted by the reply I received? I am sure gazumped is a perfectly friendly man with advanced computing skills with no intention to offend me. And yet...

All the above is,  of course completely true - and I'm sorry if the comment felt offensive in some way,  but it seemed to me that though you hadn't investigated this software conflict particularly thoroughly,  and despite my earlier posts commenting that Evernote clearly does work in some incarnations of Office 2013,  you decided that the Evernote software was clearly the problem and were about to write it off with "something about Evernote keeps breaking my Office 2013".

I wasn't sure what purpose you had in posting,  since there appeared to be no overt or implied request for help,  but my comments were pretty much factual and I certainly recommend that you report the issues to Evernote support if you'd like to tech it further.

It's certainly possible that there's a conflict between Evernote and Office in some circumstances,  but tech support would be the ones to know about that and offer guidance.

Archived