(Archived) Showing only relevant tags in version 5.0

shekala

I can't seem to get v 5 to just display tags that have items in the chosen Notebook. This worked well in previous versions, so sure hope its available in v 5. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!
David

• Level 5*

It's not implemented in the same way, but you can get something like it by selecting a notebook to view from the left panel, or from the notebook selector at the top of the note list (you can use the Alt+Shift+N shortcut for this, too). Then click on the tag selector at the top of the note list (or use the Alt_Shift+T shortcut), and you should see the tags that are used in the notebook that you selected. If you pick a tag to filter on, then try to add a new tag, then you'll only see the tags that are appropriate for the filtered list (i.e. if I've picked notebook "MyNotebook" and tag "Tag1", then the second tag selection will only show me tags from notes in MyNotebook that are tagged with Tag1.

• Level 5*

Hmmm, seems to work in some cases, and not others. Will need to look at this a little more closely. I think what I described is how it's supposed to work, and it does sometimes...

Archived