Rotate and crop is needed

SFsoma99

Idea

Use Case:

I use Evernote doc camera to store appliance and other manuals (and cook book recipes) - so I can throw the original away. Sometimes Evernote decides to rotate the image on its own and sometimes I want to crop the image. 

Solution:

Ability to do rotate and crop in Skitch, would be awesome instead of opening up in some other editor. Seems like a no brainer feature and rather surprising it's not there already!?!

4 replies to this idea

Hi SFsoma99, thanks for the feedback! Crop is already available among the Skitch tools. If you have Evernote for iOS 7, you can also mark up the document with Skitch tools inside Evernote itself using Evernote Markup - that should be useful if you snapped the photo with the doc camera. Here's a guide on how to use Markup: http://evernote.com/evernote/guide/ios/#4

Image rotation for iOS is on our to do list and we hope to deliver it soon. For now, Evernote for Mac will also allow you to rotate images.

Hope that helps,

Jer

Hi SFsoma99, thanks for the feedback! Crop is already available among the Skitch tools. If you have Evernote for iOS 7, you can also mark up the document with Skitch tools inside Evernote itself using Evernote Markup - that should be useful if you snapped the photo with the doc camera. Here's a guide on how to use Markup: http://evernote.com/evernote/guide/ios/#4

Image rotation for iOS is on our to do list and we hope to deliver it soon. For now, Evernote for Mac will also allow you to rotate images.

Hope that helps,

Jer

I am using the latest Evernote for iOS, version 7.1.2, but when I try to mark up an image as shown in your blog post, there's no Crop icon. I get all the other unidentifiable markup icons but no crop icon. What's up with that?

Crop is crucial, especially in an iPhone with the tiny screen so I can focus in even if the camera makes me stand 12 feet away since there's no macro focus ability on iPhones.

Hope that helps,

Jer

I am using the latest Evernote for iOS, version 7.1.2, but when I try to mark up an image as shown in your blog post, there's no Crop icon. I get all the other unidentifiable markup icons but no crop icon. What's up with that?

Crop is crucial, especially in an iPhone with the tiny screen so I can focus in even if the camera makes me stand 12 feet away since there's no macro focus ability on iPhones.

Hello dzurn, looks like the post will need some updating, thanks for pointing that out.

We've recently moved the crop into the overflow menu. Open it by tapping the button at the top right that looks like three dots. The crop option is in that menu. You can adjust the crop area as you like, then tap Crop to crop the image.

IMG_0131.PNG

IMG_0132.PNG

Archived