(Archived) Resize Large images from Android

stangey

Hi,

Am trying to use Evernote from my Android phone. have come to the conclusion that the best way to get an image from my phone to Evernote Web is by emailing them. This has worked well except that the images are quite large. Previous posts indicate that resizing might be better done in the application version of Evernote rather than the web access. Just wondering if others have found better solutions for the G1?

Cheers

• 3 months later...

After several attempts, I have finally found a solution for this I am happy with. Picsay http://www.picsaypro.com is an application available on the Android market for free. It allows you to edit images and conveniently, the default for the free version is set to a nice low resolution (427x320). It also features direct attachment to gmail - perfect for uploading to your EN account via email. This also let's me attach both sides of a business card on to 1 note simply by resaving the first image with the reduced resolution, then opening and emailing the second image and attaching the 1st image before you press send.

Works pretty well. Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the post. Emailing notes into Evernote is a great way to go. With Evernote for Android you'll get a few more benefits: assigning notebooks and tags, recording GPS location when the picture is taken and getting a little more control over when the notes are uploaded.

You should be able to upload images of up to 25MB to Evernote if your device has the RAM and storage to support it.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the post. Emailing notes into Evernote is a great way to go. With Evernote for Android you'll get a few more benefits: assigning notebooks and tags, recording GPS location when the picture is taken and getting a little more control over when the notes are uploaded.

You should be able to upload images of up to 25MB to Evernote if your device has the RAM and storage to support it.

I have just tested with gps enabled, well, I thought it was, but the Evernote location setting doesn't let you know if GPS is not enabled on the device, so my first test didn't work of course.

However, I've run a 2nd test with GPS enabled in both places, took a snap, saved it to the web, but I don't see location info anywhere..

My question is, where would I expect to find the location data?

Edit: I found it on the web version ;) Should I be able to see it on the iMac client?

Archived