Pasting an image from the clipboard into an open skitch image

Dadi

Idea

Hi:

Is there a way that I can paste an image that I have in my clipboard into an already open image that I am marking up in Skitch ?

Very often I find the need to add a reference image into an image being marked-up. if I try an us paste in Skitch it asks to replace the current image.

If anyone has found a way to do this, I would appreciate an answer.

It would be a very useful additional feature to have in Skitch. Thanks.

• Like 1

21 replies to this idea

Hi Klang:

It is almost a year later and I do not see any updates that address my feature request for multi-image support. I use  Evernote and Skitch daily as an integral part of my workflow and it is such a pain to have

1st have to export the image as a jpeg then open that up in another program, then copy and paste the second required image, resave and re-open as a new capture in skitch to continue annotations.

I am sure, all users of Skitch would welcome such added multi-image functionality within Skitch. Please advise if this is going to happen anytime soon. I am afraid, I will have to start looking into other standalone programs

which provide the functionality. Which such a shame, as I will loose the benefit of Evernote integration. Hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 1

I am in same boat, I assemble in Powerpoint these days, and then use skitch to take a screen shot to annotate.  Loses fidelity, which I find unfortunate, not to mention a bit unwieldy.  

+1 for multi-image support.

Stephen

Hi Klang:

It is almost a year later and I do not see any updates that address my feature request for multi-image support. I use  Evernote and Skitch daily as an integral part of my workflow and it is such a pain to have

1st have to export the image as a jpeg then open that up in another program, then copy and paste the second required image, resave and re-open as a new capture in skitch to continue annotations.

I am sure, all users of Skitch would welcome such added multi-image functionality within Skitch. Please advise if this is going to happen anytime soon. I am afraid, I will have to start looking into other standalone programs

which provide the functionality. Which such a shame, as I will loose the benefit of Evernote integration. Hope to hear from you soon.

The lack of this feature is effectively a showstopper for me and has been for years. As other tools in OSX and iOS get better at the features that evernote and skitch already have, I'm using them less and less. Features like this get asked for, get needed, get ignored, whilst features that I never use and never forsee myself using get added instead. If it's not there after the next update, it'll be time to uninstall.

• Like 1

Hi Klang:

I originally posted this feature request in September 2103.

Wow, more than two years later,  I find myself asking you for feedback on the smae feature which by your own admission is a much asked for request. Is Evernote "ever" going to heed our requests and give this functionality to Skitch ?  This is a simple feature request which will give added functionality to a good program. It would be great if you or anyone else at Evernote monitoring this forum can respond. One hopes that Evernote really does want positive and valuable user feedback. Thanks.

• Like 1

+1 for multi-image support: It would definitely ease my work life.

If there is anyone from the development team reading this feedback I'd appreciate his/her judgement about the feasibility or any other statement. It would certainly improve the community's feeling about giving such feedback.

On 8/29/2014 at 6:29 AM, Dadi said:

Hi Klang:

Until the multi-image feature is available, you can use Paintbrush for that feature as an Skitch helper. No need to export to/import from files as you can work with the clipboard in both applications

• Like 1

Hi:

It is now almost 4 years, since I made this request in my original post in September 2013. The response I received at the time is copied below:

Hi, thanks for the request. Multi-image support is a very popular request and something we're investigating. If you can share an example image/s, that would be very helpful!

I did indeed share images and to date, I have not heard back from any one in support at Skitch or from Evernote. I also posted a reminder a year later. Same result, no acknowledgment or response.  Does anyone from support or product development actually read the user posts ? It is a shame, that  with multiple request form numerous users, there is not even the courtesy of a response from the developers.

• Like 1

I don't use Evernote in my current workflow, and I don't remember giving Evernote any money for all the time Skitch has saved me. That being said, I'd gladly pay for this feature. Why isn't anyone voting this up? As far as implementation, it wouldn't be a drop-in easy solution. There would have to be a state in which you could move the images in layers - and the boundary would have to adjust... so, it's actually a pretty big feature request. I can see why it isn't there.

+1

My main use case is when I have a larger screenshot and I want to put a little image or two on top of it referencing a snap of the corresponding admin panel, much like a map with a small zoomed in area.

• Like 2

It's 2019... nothing yet. Although I love Sketch for its convenience, I'm really frustrated by the lack of this feature. As previously stated by others, I'm also forced to use PowerPoint to compose images and then annotate them in Sketch. It's sad.

@klang, back in 2013 you said:

Multi-image support is a very popular request and something we're investigating.

That's quite a long time for R+D. What has happened with this?