Function Request: Sort by Reminders in List View

Payaso

When you view by snippets or cards, all the notes with reminders are listed at the top. But when you view the list, there is no way to tell which notes have reminders.

Also,  I don't see "sort by Reminders" as an option. It would be useful.

• Level 5*

There is no actual sorting by reminders -- reminders just appear at the top of the note list (card view and snippet view, as you know). The lack of reminders in list view has been reported previously, and I am sure that Evernote are aware of the issue.

You can use the "reminderTime:" search term to find reminders in certain date ranges. See the Evernote search grammar specification here: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php. There are other reminder related search terms there as well. Note that on some clients, the implementation isn't correct; for example, any date based search (including reminderTime) cannot use a '+' in the term as the grammar allows -- it's just not handled correctly.

• 3 months later...

There is no actual sorting by reminders -- reminders just appear at the top of the note list (card view and snippet view, as you know). The lack of reminders in list view has been reported previously, and I am sure that Evernote are aware of the issue.

You can use the "reminderTime:" search term to find reminders in certain date ranges. See the Evernote search grammar specification here: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php. There are other reminder related search terms there as well. Note that on some clients, the implementation isn't correct; for example, any date based search (including reminderTime) cannot use a '+' in the term as the grammar allows -- it's just not handled correctly.

I tried the searches for reminders and found that they did not work running current versions of Chrome (31.0.1650.63 m) on WinXP SP3 with all Win updates and patches. The reminderOrder:* of all my notes also brought up notes without reminders. They might have once had reminders that I cleared,but they do not now have reminders. I tried some of the other searches on the developer page by copying and pasting, but they did not work, either. Besides, even the dev page does not offer a search for active reminders sorted by date, not that I could find. 

I love Evernote's concept, but as with the Windows client upgrade to 5.x, the search strategies they offer make me wonder if they are testing their Win client on Macs. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Seems that reminderOrder also displays notes that once had a reminder. Is there any way to filter those?

Sure; the "reminderOrder:*" will find those notes, and you can add filters from there. In theory, "reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:*" should find active reminders (ones that aren't complete). But I don't see any way to sort on reminder date, as it's not available in the available Sort By fields in any of the note views (including list view)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived