(Archived) Why not promote the Slide Show in shared notes?

jbenson2

• Level 5

The Slide Show can make a shared note far more powerful and useful.

But if people don't realize it is available, it won't be used. The current setup is certainly not intuitive.

• Hover over the "arrow" icon, you can see that it is the Share icon.
  • Hover over the "Slide Show" icon, there is nothing.

http://goo.gl/rkfZnz

Compare the difference between viewing a plain note and viewing it as a slide show.
http://goo.gl/2GWBI4

The difference is night and day!

• Level 5

This is a Windows feature? I'm not seeing it.

I was torn whether to put it under Windows or Web.

I created it using the Evernote Windows client, by right clicking the note, then selected the Share option, and copied the Note URL and pasted it into the forum post.  I don't use the web, so I don't know if this could also be done only with the Web.

The final result is a web view, but since there are so few people who use the web, I figured it might get more visibility by the Evernote staff in the Windows forum. If you think the Web would be a better location, you have my OK to move it there.

• Level 5

I submitted a suggestion to Evernote and received the following response:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for contacting Evernote support.
I would be happy to talk to our Head of Education to make the slide show feature something that we highlight for users coming up soon.
This is a wonderful feature and should be pointed out!

We appreciate your comments and suggestions!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I replied and pointed out that the shared URL and slide show option are often emailed to non-Evernote users. In my situation, 90%+ of my shared URL notes go to non-users.

In PR speak: non-Evernote users = potential new Evernote users

So my original suggestion that they add the Tooltip hover feature would improve the impact of the note to a larger audience.

Archived