Can't Email a Note

gentry

Idea

Hello. I'm trying to share a note, by emailing it. I follow the instructions, choosing a valid email address to send to, and Evernote pops up the window that my email has been sent. however, immediately, I receive in my email account associated with Evernote an email saying my note was NOT sent due to unspecified errors. Any way to fix this? Thanks

8 replies to this idea

I am having a similar problem.  I can successfully send a note to myself at my personal gmail account but nothing goes to my work email, nor does anything go to any coworkers.  I've even sent a note to 2 receipients: 1. My personal email & 2. My work email.  It shows up in the gmail inbox but nothing in my Outlook.  Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?  The behavior is the same from the Web (work PC w/ Win7) or my phone (iPhone 5).

I am having similar problem on Win7.  When I try to share a single note, I get a message that says: 

You recently attempted to send an email message from your Evernote account.

Unfortunately, we were unable to deliver the email to your intended recipient.

The email was returned to us as undeliverable.

Please verify the email address(es) you used:

• Check for typos
  • Check for extra spaces

I have tried gmail & yahoo addresses and get the same message. I can email things INTO Evernote. This just started in the last day or so. I have filled a support ticket but thought someone might have a suggestion.

New data point:  I tried a test by logging into Evernote from my work PC but from my home network, not my work network. I tried to share a note by email (to myself) and it now works.  What about connecting from my work network would prevent this from working?  Browser and Outlook configs are the same either way.

• Level 5*

New data point:  I tried a test by logging into Evernote from my work PC but from my home network, not my work network. I tried to share a note by email (to myself) and it now works.  What about connecting from my work network would prevent this from working?  Browser and Outlook configs are the same either way.

Work networks tend to have firewalls that are choosy about the sort of traffic that passes through them.  You'd have to talk to someone who manages the network to find out what filters it uses - if they're willing to share that information.

Archived