(Archived) Searching with multiple tags

Linda ReMax Advantage

Idea

Hi--I've set up GTD in Evernote.  I have actions tagged with multiple tags like, "@computer, 1-now".  My notes may have one, two or three tags.  Now that I've done that I can not figure out why I can not search using multiple tags.  How to you put "@computer, 1-now" and come up with just those notes tagged like that?

I'm sure it's something easy that I'm just not getting.

Any help would be most appreciated!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi and welcome to the forums !

Are you on Windows?

If yes, click on your first tag (left panel open with all your tags), then hold down the Ctrl.key and click on your second tag. You can click several tags like this, if you wish. This way, you will get only notes that are tagged with the chosen tags.

Hth, Wern

I need this as well for Mac.  I just upgraded EN v3 -> v5.  We used to be able to search on multiple tags which would show up just above the list view.  Then you could delete any of the tags from the search as well.

Example: I have To-Do as a tag (which is every todo item I have).  I also have tags called 'School', 'Math' and 'Science'.  

- A todo for my science class would be tagged all three 'To-Do', 'School' & 'Science'.

- A todo for my math class would be tagged all three 'To-Do', 'School' & 'Math'.

I could search for notes with tags 'To-Do' + 'School' + 'Science'  and know what I have to do in Science class.

I could then delete the 'Science' tag from the search and see all 'To-Do' + 'School' (including both Math and Science).

I could then delete 'School' from the search and see all To-Do items.

Is there a way to implement this in Mac?

It seems I answered my own question.  You can click the little blue tag icon on the top right and choose which tags are part of the search, and add or remove tags being searched. 

I liked being able to see my search tags across the top view better, because I didn't have the extra step of clicking the icon to know what my current search criteria is, but maybe I'll get used to this...

It seems I answered my own question.  You can click the little blue tag icon on the top right and choose which tags are part of the search, and add or remove tags being searched. 

I liked being able to see my search tags across the top view better, because I didn't have the extra step of clicking the icon to know what my current search criteria is, but maybe I'll get used to this...

I have just made a thread on this same issue (before I found this thread). I can't find the little blue tag icon you are referring to. I'm on a mac. Could you please post a screen shot?

Archived