How to use Evernote and Skitch together?

Jeljohns

I have Evernote and Skitch on my Mac, iPad, and PC work computer.

I cannot figure out how to work with the two programs together on any of these platforms.

I want to be able to write a note in Evernote, open it in Skitch to annotate, then save back to Evernote. How do I do this?

@Jeljohns

I assume you mean the following: You want to write a note (text + any other content) in Evernote and then markup that note in Skitch and then save back to Evernote.

If this is the case then given your computers you can do the following:

• Create the Evernote Note using Mac or Win32. Add any text, images, etc to your note.
  • On Mac (currently only Mac supports this function) go to the Markup option in the menu bar and select Mark up this Note.
  • This will convert your Note into a PDF and open up Skitch.
  • You can now annotate your Note.
  • Provided you are signed into Evernote in Skitch, you can save back your PDF as a Note into Evernote.
  • You can then view this annotated Note in Evernote or Skitch.

@Jeljohns

Sorry I should have been more clear. On the PC you can do that for images, but not for PDFs. PCs do not have native support for PDFs, so we can't make the change out of the box. We're continuing to evaluate our options and looking at what we can do to bring Note conversion to a PDF and PDF markup in Skitch. 

For an image you can mark it up, save to Evernote, and then from within Evernote you can open it for markup again, and you can do the reverse. 

• 2 months later...

@Jeljohns

Sorry I should have been more clear. On the PC you can do that for images, but not for PDFs. PCs do not have native support for PDFs, so we can't make the change out of the box. We're continuing to evaluate our options and looking at what we can do to bring Note conversion to a PDF and PDF markup in Skitch. 

For an image you can mark it up, save to Evernote, and then from within Evernote you can open it for markup again, and you can do the reverse. 

Joe, 

Thanks for the replies to the OP's questions.  In a way I have the same question.  Is it possible to make a note in Evernote and place it in the Skitch Notebook, then go to skitch on iOS7 and have the note show up in skitch on an Ipad or Iphone?

Second question, Is there a "Mark Up" option inside evernote from within a web browswer?  I can't seem to find it if there is.  If there isn't, Im assuming the only way to get the "Mark Up" option is from the Evernote client for OSX?

Again, thank you for the help.

NM, I looked for the mark up feature for nearly and hour and then decided to join forum to ask where its at.  Afterwards I realized that I need to import an image or pdf, I was trying to use it with notes I created by typing. 

All is good now,  

You all are amazing!!!!

• 6 months later...

@Jeljohns

I assume you mean the following: You want to write a note (text + any other content) in Evernote and then markup that note in Skitch and then save back to Evernote.

If this is the case then given your computers you can do the following:

• Create the Evernote Note using Mac or Win32. Add any text, images, etc to your note.
  • On Mac (currently only Mac supports this function) go to the Markup option in the menu bar and select Mark up this Note.
  • This will convert your Note into a PDF and open up Skitch.
  • You can now annotate your Note.
  • Provided you are signed into Evernote in Skitch, you can save back your PDF as a Note into Evernote.
  • You can then view this annotated Note in Evernote or Skitch.

Hey Joe, I found this thread, but I'm not seeing how to do what you advise. I'm guesing maybe the app has changed since this was posted. I'm on a Mac, I highlight a note (tried this on ones that are already PDFs, and on ones that were web clippings), and if I click on the menu bar icon I see no option to "mark up this note". I can clip full screen, or a rectangle, or start/stop an audio recording, or click on the gear icon to bring up some other menu options, none of which are to mark up the note. What am I missing?

Hey Joe, I found this thread, but I'm not seeing how to do what you advise. I'm guesing maybe the app has changed since this was posted. I'm on a Mac, I highlight a note (tried this on ones that are already PDFs, and on ones that were web clippings), and if I click on the menu bar icon I see no option to "mark up this note".

Click the icon in the top border of the Note.

Screenshot (Evernote.Mac):

2014-05-04%20at%2016.02.png

Archived