Email clipping not working

Mar Feliciano

Make sure all messages that you want to clip in the gmail conversation are expanded and readable, otherwise the Clipper cannot load them. Some other items that have caused issues earlier:

- If you have Goggle Labs Preview Pane enabled we sometimes have trouble accessing the content.

- You need to be in conversation view

- Make sure you are using the latest Web Clipper for Chrome. 

• 2 months later...

Yes Gmail clipping is currently broken. It will not be a quick fix unfortunately but we are working on this. 

In the meantime we've noticed that if you expand all messages in the thread the success rate is higher. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@conceptual,

We've also noticed some weirdness, can you please clarify if you each time it crashes get an alert box saying 'Cannot parse.... log in internal logs...'?

We're aware of the root cause for this and have a fix for the next version. It is related to the URL structure and how you get to your email inbox (i.e if you are using a bookmark or similar)

Please try this:

- Navigate to your email inbox by typing gmail.com into the address bar. Let me know if that resolves it for you. 

@jbignert

I'm having the same problem with crashes with every clipping, although the clipped articles do wind up making it to your server and on to my client.

Accessing Gmail via the address bar did not resolve the issue for me.

Win 7 Pro SP1

Chrome 32.0.1700.72

Archived