Feature Requests

Trig

I can't find any other place to submit suggestions for improving Evernote.  

I have three, mostly inspired by the fact that they are missing features which I've used for over ten years with the PIM InfoSelect.  Please pass these on to your development people.

1. In note editing mode, CTRL-D should insert the current date.  (It should be easier to insert a date into a running journal, for example.)

2. The current search activity is limited to the selected folder unless a user selects all folders.  A hot key, such as CTRL-S (or in Infoselect "Esc G") should automatically select to search across all folders.  Ideally, as provided by infoselect, this global search shows a grid indicating how many items might match the search query before it is actually run . . . and even allows for boolean search to further narrow the query . . . but I realize that is a far bigger task than simply having a hot key to automatically move to a global search.

3. After searching for a note and selecting it, there should be a button that shifts the center panel from the search results to the folder of the selected note.  This would make it far easier to view notes in the same folder as the selected note, especially if I primarily want to use search to find a folder, in which I know at least one note with the keyword resides, rather than that one note.   Currently, I can only see the folder name of the selected note in the upper right, but I still have to just use that name as a clue to dig through my rather large folder structure.  

4. Speaking of folders . . . it would sure be nice to have a folder structure that supports more than two levels!

• Level 5*

* In note editing mode, CTRL-D should insert the current date.  (It should be easier to insert a date into a running journal, for example.)

The shortcut is Ctrl+; (Control key + semicolon)

* The current search activity is limited to the selected folder unless a user selects all folders.  A hot key, such as CTRL-S (or in Infoselect "Esc G") should automatically select to search across all folders.  Ideally, as provided by infoselect, this global search shows a grid indicating how many items might match the search query before it is actually run . . . and even allows for boolean search to further narrow the query . . . but I realize that is a far bigger task than simply having a hot key to automatically move to a global search.

F6 will put you into an empty search mode. Not sure what you mean about 'boolean search...' -- Evernote's search grammar is limited to either AND or OR queries, but not both mixed together.

* Speaking of folders . . . it would sure be nice to have a folder structure that supports more than two levels!

Requested any number of times since I've been inhabiting the forums, and probably earlier. Doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon.

Thanks.  It would be helpful if Evernote was pre-loaded with a list of the hot keys.

1.  How about a short cut key for the date only . . . without the time.

2.  Any interest in a button to switch from the search findings to the folder of the note selected from the search results?  (See #3 above)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.  It would be helpful if Evernote was pre-loaded with a list of the hot keys.

1.  How about a short cut key for the date only . . . without the time.

2.  Any interest in a button to switch from the search findings to the folder of the note selected from the search results?  (See #3 above)

To 1: I would like it too.

To 2: Not only a button for the folder but also for the Tags. It would be very helpful, to have a button or link-function to switch from the search findings to one of the TAGS of the note selected from the search results. Especially if you have a deeply nested structure of Tags.

• 1 month later...

Archived