(Archived) Password for notes?

I tried looking but I wasn't able to find a way to password protect a note.

This (for me) would be very handy since my partner and I both use Evernote but there are occasions where I have some ideas for a birthday, or weekend trip, etc, that I want to keep as a suprise.

If there isn't a way to password protect a note (or notebook?) I'd sure like to see one in a future release.

• Level 5*

You can select text from a note, and password protect that (depends on the client, but the desktop clients all do this). Or you can write up your secrets in an external document, and encrypt that an attach it to a note. But you can't encrypt a whole note (just all of a note's text), nor can you encrypt a whole notebook.

OK, the ability to encrypt the text within a note works.  Pretty cool actually.

I think I would have preferred it to have the ability to encrypt or password protect the entire note but this certainly meets my needs to hide stuff from prying eyes :rolleyes:

THANKS!

ahhh. that was almost a near perfect answer.

But, it appears you can only use one password to encrypt whether you're encrypting text in one note or a different note, it appears that you have to use the same password.

It would be nice if you could use seperate passwords for a different note/text you want to encrypt.

Just a suggestion, still usable though, just not as much as I'd like it.

Are you saying that you and your partner are sharing the SAME Evernote account? (I can't think of any other reason why you would need to protect a note from your partner's eyes.)

If so why not approach it from the other direction: have an account each, so that each only see your own notes anyway, and have a shared notebook (or notebooks) for the things that you really DO want to share.

Julie

Are you saying that you and your partner are sharing the SAME Evernote account? (I can't think of any other reason why you would need to protect a note from your partner's eyes.)

If so why not approach it from the other direction: have an account each, so that each only see your own notes anyway, and have a shared notebook (or notebooks) for the things that you really DO want to share.

Julie

Yes, we do. Which works out well for us 99% of the time.  We share a variety of notes that we occasionally add to as a 'team effort' (ie: new restaurants to try, movies to see, weekend getaway ideas, things to do, etc.).

It's just that there is an occasional list (birthdays, christmas, etc.) that we want to still collect ideas but not actually share with each other.  Not enough to get another account since the primary usefulness for us is to share notes the way we do.

Archived