(Archived) Nested tags in Business Library

Hi folks, I'm thinking of moving over to EN Business. But...

I use thousands of nested tags, and some of those tags may not currently have any notes associated with them. And indeed some of the header tags will never have associated notes.

When I share a notebook via the Business Library, will the other users be able to see ALL the tags, and in nested format?

Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Good question. I faced the same issue when switching my extensive pseudo business evernote to a legit Business account. 

Unfortunately, your carefully nested and organized tag system will be lost to anyone who you share the notebook with. You will, however, maintain your tags organized how you like them (switching to business does not change any of your structure the way you see it). It's just that your tag organization will not proliferate to other users. They will see all your tags, un-nested, in alpha numeric order.

I wish there was an option for a notebook owner to require the protection of tag hierarchy. We use Evernote Business extensively and use tags to organize health products by manufacturer, major ingredients, targeted body system etc. and all my careful planning and organizing was lost to anyone with whom I shared that notebook. 

Hope this helps.

The issue is a dual one, your team will lose all your nested tags and you will lose all your nested notebooks.  IMO these are the TWO current must haves for businesses, along with the must have ability for an admin to rename notebooks.

Archived