(Archived) Search Function NOT Functioning

FoEN

Any text based search attempted returns Zero results when indeed they should. Tired uninstalling and reinstalling EN but to no avail. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Know a solution?

Any text based search attempted returns Zero results when indeed they should. Tired uninstalling and reinstalling EN but to no avail. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Know a solution?

Search works perfectly for me.  What are you searching on & what are you hoping to find?  FWIW, a sequence of numbers, letters & the underscore constitute a word.  Everything else is a delimiter.  EN does not search for arbitrary occurrences of words - only the beginning of words.  IOW, if you search on 'note', you will note find 'Evernote'.  If you search on 'ever*', you will find 'Evernote'.

I appreciate the reply but maybe I should have stated that I know how to use the search function and have been using EN for years my problem is the search function just stopped working all of a sudden and I'm glad the search is working "perfectly" for you.

• Level 5*

Might help if you posted a sample of a search that's failing; search is working fine for me as well. Also your current version number could be useful.

Version 4.6.6

Basically any/all search returns no results, so if you'd like to get an idea go to your search and type in a word that you know is in your notes and imagine no results.

• Level 5*

They've updated the Windows version to 4.6.7, but I've been using them right along with no difficulties, nor have I seem anyone else reporting total search failure. A support request seems like the best option.

Archived