Feature request: notebook for discussions

DanAtDuke

Idea

I would love to see a new feature: a discussion notebook type.

It would be simply a notebook that has a built-in organization to all notes that mimics the standard type of discussion forum.  Because of the limit on notebooks, I would suggest each notebook be akin to a whole forum (ie multiple discussions and topic areas) rather than simply a discussion board per notebook which would likely become overwhelming.

The key requirements would be that each note could be a reply to a previous note, so internally some linking would be maintained. We currently have very limited discussions by simply adding a block of text (sometimes in a 1x1 table) with the author and date included. This of course leads to problems when a discussion is very active and too many people are trying to edit the same note.

This seems ideal for a Premium / Business feature!

Thanks!

Dan

1 reply to this idea

I would love to see a new feature: a discussion notebook type.

It would be simply a notebook that has a built-in organization to all notes that mimics the standard type of discussion forum.  Because of the limit on notebooks, I would suggest each notebook be akin to a whole forum (ie multiple discussions and topic areas) rather than simply a discussion board per notebook which would likely become overwhelming.

The key requirements would be that each note could be a reply to a previous note, so internally some linking would be maintained. We currently have very limited discussions by simply adding a block of text (sometimes in a 1x1 table) with the author and date included. This of course leads to problems when a discussion is very active and too many people are trying to edit the same note.

This seems ideal for a Premium / Business feature!

Thanks!

Dan

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/38957-evernote-as-a-user-forum/

Archived