(Archived) using evernote as an invention project notebook

Is there a way that the entrees in a note book can be used to verifiy data and time-lines. Are deletions recorded? Or is there a plug in for that. Thanks Bluewater.

If I'm understanding you correctly, no, no & AFAIK, no. if you needed to prove, in court, that a particular note was created by you on a specific date, you may be able to subpoena EN corporate for their audit trail of the note. But I can't say for sure, since I don't kow what would be involved in that process or what data they warehouse. But dates are easily changed by the user in the app. So I could create a note with a created date of whatever I wanted it to be.

• Level 5*

Is there a way that the entrees in a note book can be used to verifiy data and time-lines. Are deletions recorded? Or is there a plug in for that. Thanks Bluewater.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I think you are probably wanting this for legal purposes, and I would suggest speaking with a patent attorney, because just about any electronic media can be fabricated to change dates and the like.

However, one interesting feature in Evernote is something called note versions / note histories. A snapshot of your note is taken every eight hours or so and kept on the Evernote servers. This is entirely out of your reach and automatic, so this might conceivably serve as a record. I would strongly recommend testing it out for your use case beforehand, though.

[EDIT:] Sniped by BNF! If I had only been one minute faster :)

Hi Grumpy Monkey,

It think that might work .. thanks! I will test it out. I will also be keeping aHard Cover log book w/ dates that reference my electronic note books. Working in Hard Cover books is cumbersome. Thanks Bluewater

• Level 5*

Hi Grumpy Monkey,

It think that might work .. thanks! I will test it out. I will also be keeping aHard Cover log book w/ dates that reference my electronic note books. Working in Hard Cover books is cumbersome. Thanks Bluewater

Hardcover is a pain, of course, but one interesting possibility exists. If you get a nice scanner, you could use both. Scan the files into Evernote, the content will be OCR'd, the dates will also be replicated, and you'll have a record with you at all times that won't be subject to fire, theft, floods, loss, etc.

Archived