(Archived) How to display tags of a specific notebook?

quercus

Idea

Argh... this is driving me crazy!

Surely there should be a way to do this? If I have e.g. ten notebooks, each with many many notes that are tagged, it makes sense that one might want to look at tags of one notebook only (e.g. I do not need to see the tag "gazpacho recipe" when I want to look at tags of an art history notebook). Is there a way to do this?

I looked at older threads on this topic. No help. There doesn't even exist anymore such thing as "assigned tags".

I have the version 5.1.4.

Edit: Sorry, yes, I am on a mac.

4 replies to this idea

Argh... this is driving me crazy!

Surely there should be a way to do this? If I have e.g. ten notebooks, each with many many notes that are tagged, it makes sense that one might want to look at tags of one notebook only (e.g. I do not need to see the tag "gazpacho recipe" when I want to look at tags of an art history notebook). Is there a way to do this?

I looked at older threads on this topic. No help. There doesn't even exist anymore such thing as "assigned tags".

I have the version 5.1.4.

What client are you using? Windows client allows you to hide unassigned tags.

(it's always helpful to mention the client you're using...I'm guessing Mac but...)

Hi quercus,

You can display tags in a specific notebook context by clicking the tag filter at the top of the note list.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Hope that helps!  :)

Thank you forever-evernote!  :) Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing! It would really make sense if this was possible when you view the actual tags page. Thanks again!

Archived