(Archived) Integrate!?

I would like to have Evernote, Skitch and Penultimate integrated into one application, to mix handwritten notes and sketches with typed text and add comments etc...

Any plans for that, or can it be handled anyway in a nice/simple way?

I am rather new to Evernote but has started to use it both on my MacBook and iPad.

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Evernote don't discuss their future plans,  but its a fairly safe bet that this sort of integration is going to come.  Bear in mind that EN operates on a lot of different platforms,  so its not just one integration but dozens;  and they have a LOT of users not to offend so there will be some fairly careful sampling and testing before hand...

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Evernote don't discuss their future plans,  but its a fairly safe bet that this sort of integration is going to come.  Bear in mind that EN operates on a lot of different platforms,  so its not just one integration but dozens;  and they have a LOT of users not to offend so there will be some fairly careful sampling and testing before hand...

I have the opposite opinion!

I think it is best to break up the apps, and I prefer to have them separate, but still talking to one another. It seems to me that Evernote is thinking along these lines as well.

So far, they are doing a great job with this kind of integration. Some of the apps I don't want on my computer, and some of them I do, so I prefer to choose. In addition, the Evernote app is already slow enough in searches and rendering notes. I don't want it to become even larger, more complex, and more prone to bugs. In my mind's eye I shudder to think of an Evernote version of the bloated and irritating iTunes that tries to do everything and does nothing particularly well... No thank you :)

But, like you said, they don't tell us about the future, so you never know.

• Level 5*

:) I'll put you down as 'offended' then - actually now you mention it I'm also of the "leaner and meaner" persuasion when it comes to apps* and I wouldn't need the handwriting option.

* Sadly not so much in my private life. I expect to holiday near the sea shortly and I may cause tides...

• Level 5*

:) I'll put you down as 'offended' then - actually now you mention it I'm also of the "leaner and meaner" persuasion when it comes to apps* and I wouldn't need the handwriting option.

* Sadly not so much in my private life. I expect to holiday near the sea shortly and I may cause tides...

Offended I am, then :)

I am going to the beach tomorrow. I don't think I will cause tides (I try to keep in shape, but even after riding about 50 miles a week on the bike I still can't quite get into the shape I want to be), but I am not lean and mean by any stretch of the imagination. I leave the lean and mean stuff to Evernote for now.

Archived