(Archived) Built in Backup

Bedchr

Idea

I think it would cool to have a back up button just built into the menu. Instead of having to export notebooks, I can just click on File or whatever menu and hit backup and it just creates a backup copy of my Evernote database wherever I chose to save it to. 

2 replies to this idea

I think it would cool to have a back up button just built into the menu. Instead of having to export notebooks, I can just click on File or whatever menu and hit backup and it just creates a backup copy of my Evernote database wherever I chose to save it to. 

Exporting is not the way to make a backup.  Exporting is intended more for getting data out of Evernote.  With Macs, the preferred true backup is to backup your folders with Time Machine.  Please search the board on backup for more info.  I'm PC so can't be more definitive.  But this has already been discussed a lot.

That type of functionality is built into a lot of programs and considering all the "oh no I've lost my notes" posts I've seen here I think your feature suggestion is a good idea.

Archived