(Archived) Question on deleting Evernote

I have Evernote access on my iPhone and iPad.  I'm giving my iPad to someone else. When I try to delete the Evernote icon it tells me I am deleting all my content. Is it just deleting access to Evernote on the iPad or will it truly delete "all my content" from Evernote?

I have Evernote access on my iPhone and iPad.  I'm giving my iPad to someone else. When I try to delete the Evernote icon it tells me I am deleting all my content. Is it just deleting access to Evernote on the iPad or will it truly delete "all my content" from Evernote?

When you remove the EN app from an iDevice, it only deletes what's on the device.  It does NOT delete your notes from the EN cloud.  You do NOT want to go into the app, delete the notes & sync (as some people have done) b/c that WILL delete all your notes from the cloud.

Having said all that, I would suggest any time you turn an iDevice over to someone else that you do a factory settings reset.  That is the surest way to get any personal/confidential info off the device.

Guest mrossk

The following is also very important to know:

If you deinstall the evernote-app on your idevice then the new owner can simply re-install evernote and immediately has access to all your notes without the need to login!! This is because the idevice caches the login-data even after deinstalling the evernote-app.

Solution:

Before deinstalling the evernote-app on an idevice you must logout from evernote on this device. This causes a deletion of the cached login on the idevice.

• Level 5*

The following is also very important to know:

If you deinstall the evernote-app on your idevice then the new owner can simply re-install evernote and immediately has access to all your notes without the need to login!! This is because the idevice caches the login-data even after deinstalling the evernote-app.

Solution:

Before deinstalling the evernote-app on an idevice you must logout from evernote on this device. This causes a deletion of the cached login on the idevice.

Although I don't disagree with your advice to logout, I do that because I am paranoid. If you wipe your device by doing a factory settings reset, then the new owner should not be able to login to your account. In my opinion, you should never turn over your iDevice to someone without doing the factory settings reset.

Archived