(Archived) What's wrong with Evernote?

Hi

I've been reading loads of strings online to try to find the reason why I used to love Evernote and not find it somewhat useless, I think it must have started after the last update. 

I use my Evernote on my MacBook Air and Iphone 4S.

Before, when I made a note, I could divide them into different catagories, like "Bank", "Spain", "Africa", "Rental", "Important Notes", "Emma", "Prices" etc. It would then be so, that every time I opened my Evernote, weather on my iphone or Mac, I would see a list of all my notes sorted in alfabetic order FROM THE NAMES that I've given each folder.

It was super easy, if I needed information about "Spain" I would just scroll down to the "Spain" section and under there all my notes about Spain would be, the same goes with "Bank", "Important Notes", "Emma" etc. Does it makes sense?

Everything was categories by a kind of Headline, that I made, and under that I could find everything about this headline. 

Then something changed, perhaps an update - I don't know excactly but now I almost never use Evernote because it is much to difficult and time consuming. One day when I opened my Evernote everything was shown alfabetich, meaning A-B-C-D-E etc. 

Let me give an example: 

Before, under my "Spain" folder I would have a note about the type of pain used for one of my rental properties, the paint number, brand etc. That note would start with "Name of Paint:" and because it starts with "N" this note is now placed under "N" in the Alphabet and NOT under Spain as it should or used to.

It's the same with all my 89 notes and not it takes me forever to find a simple little information and I just can't find out what's wrong. I now have to search all notes to find the information that I made, and when standing in a shop for instant to buy paint, it's a pain in the butt having to scroll down and down and down to find something that before was placed under "Spain" and was easy to find. 

I've even changed my Evernote from Danish to English to try to find out what is wrong and how I get back to normal again. 

Is there anybody who can tell me what is wrong? I'm no IT Wizz and I feel stupid that this all of the sudden happened cause I got no clue what button I pushed or how to reverse it!!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Anne L.

• Level 5*

I'm guessing that you aren't showing all your notebooks. Right click on the massive Notebook icon on your Mac and choose show notebook list.

• Level 5*

Hi

I've been reading loads of strings online to try to find the reason why I used to love Evernote and not find it somewhat useless, I think it must have started after the last update. 

I use my Evernote on my MacBook Air and Iphone 4S.

Before, when I made a note, I could divide them into different catagories, like "Bank", "Spain", "Africa", "Rental", "Important Notes", "Emma", "Prices" etc. It would then be so, that every time I opened my Evernote, weather on my iphone or Mac, I would see a list of all my notes sorted in alfabetic order FROM THE NAMES that I've given each folder.

It was super easy, if I needed information about "Spain" I would just scroll down to the "Spain" section and under there all my notes about Spain would be, the same goes with "Bank", "Important Notes", "Emma" etc. Does it makes sense?

Everything was categories by a kind of Headline, that I made, and under that I could find everything about this headline. 

Then something changed, perhaps an update - I don't know excactly but now I almost never use Evernote because it is much to difficult and time consuming. One day when I opened my Evernote everything was shown alfabetich, meaning A-B-C-D-E etc. 

Let me give an example: 

Before, under my "Spain" folder I would have a note about the type of pain used for one of my rental properties, the paint number, brand etc. That note would start with "Name of Paint:" and because it starts with "N" this note is now placed under "N" in the Alphabet and NOT under Spain as it should or used to.

It's the same with all my 89 notes and not it takes me forever to find a simple little information and I just can't find out what's wrong. I now have to search all notes to find the information that I made, and when standing in a shop for instant to buy paint, it's a pain in the butt having to scroll down and down and down to find something that before was placed under "Spain" and was easy to find. 

I've even changed my Evernote from Danish to English to try to find out what is wrong and how I get back to normal again. 

Is there anybody who can tell me what is wrong? I'm no IT Wizz and I feel stupid that this all of the sudden happened cause I got no clue what button I pushed or how to reverse it!!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Anne L.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. 

This is what the app used to look like on iPhone (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/c2ffd758-d8f2-4b74-b6bf-810ee10e691b/7bc3f77d268d98cdd31c58f4d7945d0f/res/b83808c6-0ae7-4ab1-b787-45334966f80b/App_Store_-_Evernote-20120525-084342.jpg.jpg), but with a revision last fall, it now looks like this (http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/11/08/the-new-evernote-5-for-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch/). You tap on the Notebooks tab, and then you tap on the Notebook you want (for example, "Spain"), and you'll see all of the notes in that notebook.

On the Mac, of course, it is a little different. See the tutorials in my signature to get a better sense of how it works. 

Archived