(Archived) Shared notebook - who created that notes ?

Hello,

Maybe this has been discussed already, I did a "quick quick" search and didn't find anything.

So I know there is an "activity" button to see who "recently" has added something, like a note, in a shared notebook. 

I would like a colon, maybe like Title, TAG or SYNC, where I can see the name of the individual (login name perhaps) who have added a particular note. I think that visually it will be more convenient than the activity button. 

Does it make sense ?

Thanks,

danv

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.

Evernote Business could maybe do with a notification option - I'm not a user,  so I don't know what's already possible there - but why would something used mainly for personal note-taking need a fairly sophisticated updates facility?

Hi - welcome to the forums.

Thanks !

- but why would something used mainly for personal note-taking need a fairly sophisticated updates facility?

Alright;

A registered user has the feature to grant privileges, such as "modify" in a shared notebook with other "friends". This allows a non-registered or a registered user to add or modify a note in that notebook.

This functionality is available since 3 years+ maybe ?

Now, when using that functionality there is a lack of tracking or visibility of who has added notes.

The request is to have an attribute to track activity inside a given notebook that stay there just like the date when a given note was created.

Back in the day, EN used to populate their 'author' field. I'm not at my desktop & too tired to connect to it to confirm if the author field is still an active field. This was on the Windows client & possibly not on all other clients. Having said all that, I guess I may be throwing this out for fun & entertainment b/c if the field exists & is populated, you can use it. If not, then it's anyone's guess if it will ever re-surface or go to data-field-heaven along with the subject date.

(FWIW, my money says 'subject date' will eventually be reincarnated as the sooooooooooooon to be delivered 'due date').

Archived