(Archived) Maintain scroll position?

Frank22

Hi,

There's one thing that has been driving me crazy about EN.

I have some long notes and sometimes I need to switch from one note to the other but the note always goes back to the beginning  and I need to edit the part where I left it. Scrolling back to the right position quickly becomes frustrating.  Is there a way to overcome this? Has anyone encounter this problem?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

One way to get around this could be to open one or more notes in their own separate windows (via Note / Open In New Window, or other mechanisms); that way, they're all active, and you can bring up the relevant note's window without losing your place in the note.

THank you very much Jefito. I think I will use your suggestion for now.  However I hope that this issue will be taken into consideration for future releases of Evernote as more people will probably encounter the same problem.  It doesn't seem like a difficult feature to implement.   Thanks again. 

• Level 5*

I try not to judge how easy or difficult it is to implement a particular feature, even if I have some inkling (I am a software developer too). And ease of implementation doesn't always count when a company does feature prioritization. But aside from that, sure, it would be useful to have that state retained.

• 1 month later...

If there was a voting mechanism, I would just simply vote for this feature. Since I don't see one, I'm writing a whole post! Please bump this feature a little bit in your todo-log. It is currently the biggest glitch for me in otherwise an amazing experience of working with evernote.

Best regards,

Recent Evernote Convert (paying user)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I wanted to add my voice to the support for this feature request. I have just finished importing hundreds of notes from OneNote to Evernote and most of my notes are long. I find that the hassle of having to scroll every time I go back to a note is driving me crazy and reducing my productivitiy significantly. I have to switch between notes hundreds of times every day. This is a very easy feature to implement and OneNote already has it too. Pleeease help! I don't want to go back to OneNote and be locked in to Windows OS. Evernote was supposed to improve my productivity, not impede it...

Archived