(Archived) For Pete's sake I can't find how to encrypt!

secretsuzi

Idea

I've been looking all over the guides, the knowledge base and I see lots of discussion about encryption but I can't find HOW TO encrypt anything.  A note, a notebook  anything! If it's staring me in the face I apologize but please point me in the right direction tks :-)

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I've been looking all over the guides, the knowledge base and I see lots of discussion about encryption but I can't find HOW TO encrypt anything.  A note, a notebook  anything! If it's staring me in the face I apologize but please point me in the right direction tks :-)

Hi. Welcome to the forums. That is a good question, and it's one that I don't think the Evernote manuals (see my signature) address. It is pretty easy to do, though (http://www.documentsnap.com/how-to-encrypt-evernote-on-mac-osx/). If you have any trouble, let us know!

• Level 5*

Hello,

Nice tip.

I'm looking for a solution to encrypt

Notes in server side.

Not only the text.

Is there Any way ?

Thx

I don't know why anyone would use Macfort (mentioned above) when you could just encrypt your entire hard drive using the free FileVault feature that comes with your Mac nowadays. This will encrypt all of your data, not just Evernote. It only takes a few seconds to turn it on, and the Mac will do the rest. Your data will NOT be encrypted on the cloud, though. It will only be encrypted on your local hard drive.

Archived