(Archived) Renaming a bunch of notes

I'm just wondering if there's a better workflow to rename my scanned notes.  I normally scan a stack of documents and then later edit each note by adding a new title (the scanned notes have a numerical name assigned to them.  So I'm clicking on the note once to open it, then I'm editing the title, then I'm closing the note's window. and then repeating the process for all the other notes.  

It would be much easier to finish editing a note and use a navigation button or something to edit the next note.  Am I missing something.

At least I'm able to select a bunch of notes and drag them into the proper notebook (this saves time)!

• Level 5*

Not sure if this is a 'better' system,  but at least it's different - I scan my documents to a folder and get an opportunity to rename as part of the scan.  Once the files are named and OCR'd I move them to a Windows Import Folder which puts them into my default notebook in the database.

Not really, Gazumped.  Each document has a unique name. I just want to move quickly from one edited note to the next. I did figure out that if I selected my scanned note in the "Card View" (which allowed me to see a portion of the document), I could "Ctrl-L" to rename the document, and then mouse over to the next document and repeat.  I'm not sure if this is quicker than "open, rename, close, open, rename, close," but it feels that way to me!

Not sure if this is a 'better' system,  but at least it's different - I scan my documents to a folder and get an opportunity to rename as part of the scan.  Once the files are named and OCR'd I move them to a Windows Import Folder which puts them into my default notebook in the database.

That's what I do. IMO, it's certainly faster than allowing my scanning software to assign a numerical name, then me having to identify each file & then rename it.

Archived