how do i import enml file

I took a note last night on my android device with 2 images in it.  I noticed this morning that it didn't sync to web.

Synch button on phone didn't do anything, so I tried logging out.

It informed me that the unsaved note will be saved to /sdcard/evernote/unsaved_notes

When I logged back in, the Evernote app doesn't recognize that note at all.

The enml & 2 dat files do still exist in that directory, but I can't identify how to import them into my account.

Anyone know how I can do this?  I've searched far and wide, but keep coming up short.

• Level 5*

You should be able to do it using a desktop client; at least the Windows client should work. I think you'd need to rename the .enml file to .enex. I'll try to test this out this morning, if I can squeeze out some time...

Thanks for the response.  I think it's on the right track, but not quite there.

I installed en software, and tried to import my enml file, but I get the error:

Could not import notes, error: INVALID_ROOT (Error in line 1, token "en-note")

Sounds like enml isn't exactly in same format as enex.  Anyone have a tip on how to convert enml to enex?

I guess i overcomplicated things.

I was able to edit the enml to include what was in my unsaved_notes, but couldn't edit it to include the pics.

Stupid me, the pics were still in my android gallery, so i was able to create a note and attach those pics (had to send them to a pc, since android app didn't seem to allow grabbing pics from gallery)

The only thing I'm missing now is the accurate location/time stamp which I can live with.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

I was able to edit the enml to include what was in my unsaved_notes, but couldn't edit it to include the pics.

Yeah, any binary content is encoded into text in the note; that'd be a little tricky for most humans.
  • 1 year later...

I guess i overcomplicated things.

Stupid me, the pics were still in my android gallery, so i was able to create a note and attach those pics (had to send them to a pc, since android app didn't seem to allow grabbing pics from gallery)

The only thing I'm missing now is the accurate location/time stamp which I can live with.

Thanks.

How to open the .enml & .dat files? And how to recover...

I face the same problem: Sync unfinished, log out, then data lost...

Now I only have the Unsaved_note folder

Thanks!!!

Archived