(Archived) Can Evernote automatically search

Hello,

I would like to know if Evernote can do the following:

Within a notebook, if there is a subtopic, can evernote automatically search on that subtopic and show a rated list of websites and contents?

This will be an excellent enhancement to the tool.

Thanks. 

• Level 5*

Hello,

I would like to know if Evernote can do the following:

Within a notebook, if there is a subtopic, can evernote automatically search on that subtopic and show a rated list of websites and contents?

This will be an excellent enhancement to the tool.

Thanks.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid Evernote does not do automatic searches, but I am sure the developers appreciate the suggestion! Could you explain what you mean by rated list of websites and their content?

Hi,

Say you are on the topic of innovation and creating a notebook. You have added all the relevant topics you know about. 

The topic of disruptive innovation is important to you. Evernote can do 2 things:

1. The user may tag the word disruptive --- for external search

2. Evernote could automatically let the user know that disruptive innovation is key. There is some natural language processing and AI in this case.

For now you can go with the option 1.

So Evenote takes the word disruptive and does a Google search --- It will need to result in topics connected to disruptive innovation. You list the most searched articles i.e. rank them in the context of disruptive innovation. 

You allow the user to select those to be added into the notebook.

Option 2 would be even better because it will tell me things that I might not know. 

I have other suggestions too but they can wait.

Archived