(Archived) Safari Web Clipper Slow to Load Notebooks/Tags

presto211

I've been experiencing slow behavior with Evernote Clipper on my Mac Pro when clipping notes from Safari. The slowness started happening quite sometime ago when I was running Lion, but has continued while using Mountain Lion (currently 10.8.3).

What happens is that I click the Evernote button in my Safari toolbar and the little sheet drops down as usual for capturing the page, and indeed the title of the page is filled in, but I get "Loading Notebooks" in the Notebooks field and the Tags field is blank. The amount of time it takes to finally populate these fields varies, but is never less than 15 seconds, and is often more than 30!

I don't have a large number of notebooks - only 17 including the Trash - and what makes things weirder is that the web clipper works fine on my Macbook Air in Safari, running the same OS version and the same version of Evernote. I do the bulk of my clipping from the desktop though, so this has slowed me down quite a bit and I've finally reached the point of complaining about it.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this sluggish behavior?

Thanks!

Thx presto211 for the report. We will look into if we can reproduce this and fix the root cause. I'd like you to try a few things and see if we can narrow down what is causing it.

1) Visit the options page and disable the 'Smart Filing' feature

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same sluggishness / utter failure to "Load notebooks," except I'm using Chrome (also on a Mac).

Signing in and out works fine. The Clearly extension works and saves fine.

Archived