(Archived) Feature Request: Improve tagging/archiving by providing better tag suggestions retrieved from following sources...

productivity geek

Idea

Your tagging and archiving system is crucial and here is how Evernote could greatly improve it:

Evernote must implement something like this:

Explanation from me (and the Firefox add-on author):
It makes bookmark tagging easier, by providing a complete set of most relevant keywords. These keywords are retrieved from many different sources :
  • the tags you already gave to one of your actual bookmarks.
  • the keywords the webmaster gave to his webpage.
  • the tags given by del.icio.us users for the same page.
  • the tags the keyword extractor found using KGen (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4788).
  • and finally synonyms for the above found keywords.
You no longer would need to make a brainstorming session each time you want to add a new bookmark. It will do it for you!

Please forward this feature request to Evernote. If this becomes part of Evernote I will move my complete bookmarking system from a certain competitor over to Evernote and become a Premium member. 

I'd be happy about a short reply. Thanks!

4 replies to this idea

You can also put feature requests in a support ticket.

Thank you for your answer. I already did. I just wanted to hear if others like this idea as well. If more people request this feature, Evernote is more likely to implement it into their product.

(This is where you can submit feedback and feature requests: http://evernote.com/contact/support --> enter email address in bottom right--> choose "I have some other problem not listed here" --> choose "Feedback")

DzGFXwp.jpg

You can also put feature requests in a support ticket.

Thank you for your answer. I already did. I just wanted to hear if others like this idea as well. If more people request this feature, Evernote is more likely to implement it into their product.

I never thought of Evernote as a "bookmarking system" at all, though I suppose you could use it that way. But no, don't like the idea one bit, sorry. I don't want someone else to pick my tags. I've seen how badly that works for me in pinboard (a great bookmarking system, in my opinion, once I cleaned up the tag mess). 

Best of luck.

Archived