(Archived) One Scanner two accounts

I'm looking for a scanner that I can use with two evernote accounts. I'm new to evernote and I just know once I get going with it that my wife is going to jump on board too but we will use separate accounts. I notice from the forums everyone likes fujitsu i300. Can I do this with the i300 or do have to jump up to ix500?

What we have is two computers up stairs. She has a mac and I have a pc. In the kitchen we have a laptop on the counter that we use mostly. We probably could unplug the i300 from one computer to the next, but then that might be a pain. Or could the ix500 be used between the computers? I don't what to do.

Thanks in advanced for any info!

I'm looking for a scanner that I can use with two evernote accounts. I'm new to evernote and I just know once I get going with it that my wife is going to jump on board too but we will use separate accounts. I notice from the forums everyone likes fujitsu i300. Can I do this with the i300 or do have to jump up to ix500?

What we have is two computers up stairs. She has a mac and I have a pc. In the kitchen we have a laptop on the counter that we use mostly. We probably could unplug the i300 from one computer to the next, but then that might be a pain. Or could the ix500 be used between the computers? I don't what to do.

Thanks in advanced for any info!

IMO, that's sort of like buying a car *only* because you like the color.  I think you should focus on the best scanner for the money you are willing to pay.  I consider myself a bit of a scanner maven & have had several over the years.  (Like more than ten but less that 20.  :P )  IMO & IME, the Fujitsu 1500 is by far my favorite.  It's duplex & very fast.  But it's a bit pricey for a home scanner.  OTOH, if you want to scan pages from books, you may want to check into a flatbed.  Anyway, *any* scanner will work with Evernote.  I use an import folder on my PC.  It's my understanding the Mac client doesn't have import folders, but one of the message board users (Veritrope) created an Applescript that will function like an import folder.  You may want to look into that.  Or she could simply drag & drop the scans into Evernote on her Mac.  JMO.  YMMV.

I guess I would only go with the ix500 if it's fully wi-fi so I don't have to unplug from one computer to plug it into the other, it's a convince thing.

If I'm going to buy a car I would like for it to be fully loaded, but if it's not the right color then I'm not buying. So ya I would like more features, but if it's not going to do what I want then in this case I may want the 300 model.

The iX500 is wi-fi, but only wi-fi to mobile devices like Android and iOS. You can't scan wirelessly to computers, which it sounds like you are trying to do.

As for the S1300i, yes it can definitely scan to Evernote the same way that the iX500 can.

As for scanning to multiple accounts, there are different ways to do this but I think the easiest way may be to flip back and forth between your accounts in the Evernote Mac or Windows clients and then scan. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

That shines some light on things. I guess I will go with the i300 as it is more portable. If we want to scan from the kitchen we can with different accounts or if we want to scan from our main computers we plug the scanner into one of them. I was really liking the ix500 too.

Thanks for the info

Archived