(Archived) Lost elephant menu in toolbar

rickyc

Idea

I used to have a menu dropdown under the elephant in my tool bar - it had save to Evernote, find in Evernote, clipping tools, and record to Evernote. Now I just have a place to type or drag a note to Evernote.

How can I get my menus back? TIA.

5 replies to this idea

You can't have it back the way it was, unless you downgrade. 

Unfortunately, the recent addition of Quick Notes presents some usability problems. One of them is that you now have to click the cog to access something that resembles the old menu.  The extra click is courtesy of Evernote and free of charge.

I used to have a menu dropdown under the elephant in my tool bar - it had save to Evernote, find in Evernote, clipping tools, and record to Evernote. Now I just have a place to type or drag a note to Evernote.

How can I get my menus back? TIA.

I think clicking the cog is not unreasonable considering the changes made. Perhaps the OP didn't see this at first? Try the select and drag to icon approach, as well as the select/click icon/click cog, although both are good. I really like that EV doesn't come to the top every time I use the notes feature.

OK - thanks. I didn't realize the cog had the old menu under it. Now when you say select and drag, does that mean hilight and drag? I used to highlight, copy, and paste to evernote. What does select and drag mean? Many thanks!

OK - thanks. I didn't realize the cog had the old menu under it. Now when you say select and drag, does that mean hilight and drag? I used to highlight, copy, and paste to evernote. What does select and drag mean? Many thanks!

I don't know what RKleim9 is talking about, but certainly can still do the highlight/select text, copy and then ⌃⌘V straight into a new note. You needn't open the Quick Note to do this.

• Level 5

You can highlight text on a web page or in a document, then drag it up to the elephant. Then hit CMD-Enter and you'll get a new note. 

OR

You can copy whatever you'd like, hit Ctlr-CMD-N, paste your content, and hit CMD-Enter to save your note.

Archived