(Archived) How to not save photos on my phone when capturing using Evernote Android

tony1

I have noticed that every time I take a photo using the Evernote widget on my Android phone, the photo gets saved on the phone itself. I do not want this i.e. whenever I take a photo starting with the photo tool in the Evernote widget, my goal is to capture it in Evernote and save it as a Note in Evernote. That's it. I do not want that photo to be saved on my phone. Is there a way to turn this OFF? All I want is capture photos and upload it when I take a snapshot/photo starting from Evernote widget.

Hi Tony,

Not too sure, I will have a look at my phone later. Something tells me this may be a feature of the phone, but we shall check it out.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Yep - this is a feature, not a bug.  Honest.  There's some discussion in the forum about iOS phones doing the same thing,  and it being a safety measure so you have a backup of the picture should the sync not work.  Same thing happens on my phone,  and it's just a discipline to go through and zap pictures after an Evernote session.  Maybe they'll give us an option in a future release...

• 5 months later...

In /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/EVERNOTE, there are two copies of every picture a full resolution and a smaller (thumbnail I assume?).  But also copies of photos I deleted from my notes!   It sounds like it is OK to manually delete these?   I definitely think they should be deleted automatically after some time.   When I open an image in Evernote, I assume it downloads the image in a cache, where is that location?  Same place?  

• Level 5*

In /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/EVERNOTE, there are two copies of every picture a full resolution and a smaller (thumbnail I assume?).  But also copies of photos I deleted from my notes!   It sounds like it is OK to manually delete these?   I definitely think they should be deleted automatically after some time.   When I open an image in Evernote, I assume it downloads the image in a cache, where is that location?  Same place?  

On what phone?

On what phone?

Sorry, did not think it mattered, I assumed all Android would be essentially the same.   I have Galaxy S4, running Evernote 5.2.3  What I was getting at was that if it does not use that same location to Cache images from notes when you view them later, then it is possible to have 3 or 4 copies of an image on the phone.  It does not delete images that are deleted from notes, and if it does not clean out that folder occassionally, it will continue to consume storage unless as you suggest you clean it out manually.

Archived