(Archived) Suggestions re: file attachments

With the latest update to Evernote, we finally have a workable file sync feature. I really like it! But I have a few suggestions to make it better.

When I download a file from the Web, it would be more convenient to have Evernote integrate with the Save dialog box. So instead of, for example, saving a file to my Desktop, then opening Evernote, creating a new note, and dragging the file into the note, then deleting the file from my Desktop, I could instead just click Save, choose the Evernote notebook, tag it, and hit OK. Similarly, it would be nice to right-click a file in the file explorer, and have Send to Evernote be an option in the context menu.

Perhaps this could be accomplished as a plug-in for Firefox, or as a plug-in to the system file manager; or both. I just think it would save a lot of time and effort.

With the latest update to Evernote, we finally have a workable file sync feature. I really like it! But I have a few suggestions to make it better.

When I download a file from the Web, it would be more convenient to have Evernote integrate with the Save dialog box. So instead of, for example, saving a file to my Desktop, then opening Evernote, creating a new note, and dragging the file into the note, then deleting the file from my Desktop, I could instead just click Save, choose the Evernote notebook, tag it, and hit OK. Similarly, it would be nice to right-click a file in the file explorer, and have Send to Evernote be an option in the context menu.

Perhaps this could be accomplished as a plug-in for Firefox, or as a plug-in to the system file manager; or both. I just think it would save a lot of time and effort.

You can do the Sendto option already in Windows, by searching for the Sendto folder and then creating an Evernote shortcut which is copied to the Sendto folder.

You can do the Sendto option already in Windows, by searching for the Sendto folder and then creating an Evernote shortcut which is copied to the Sendto folder.

One thing I forgot to add is that it appears the only file type that Evernote can deal with via the Sendto option is PDF. I believe the Evernote team plans on addressing this in a future release.

Archived