(Archived) How To Control Users Sharing To The Business Library?

Hi There, 

Is it possible to control which users are allowed to share to the Business Library?

Also I would like our users to use the Business Library folders first instead of creating their own folders with the same name in their Business Notebooks

Thanks

Hi, 

It is not possible to control who can share to the business library. An admin, however, can always un-publish a notebook from the admin console by doing the following:

-Access the admin console by clicking help in the menu bar of one of our desktop clients, or by logging in to Evernote.com, clicking your username in the top right corner, and then clicking admin console. 

-Click the manage notebooks tab

-Find the notebook by alphabetical order or by search. If the library icon shows in the 'Library' column, then it has been published to the library. Once you've found the notebook you're looking for, click it.

-Click the 'Share Notebook' button.

-Click the 'X' to the right of the edit settings button

-Choose to maintain shared access or not. Maintaining shared access would mean that everyone who has already joined the notebook would retain access. 

-Then click 'Unpublish'

As to forcing your users to use a notebook in the Library vs. their own business notebooks, we also cannot force this. One reason is that we want to maintain the ability to share with coworkers without making everything public to the whole business. This way, for example, the whole company can't access HR files, or contracts. 

Thanks!

Would be nice to see a feature enhancement around controlling users ability to publish notebooks. 

An organisation might have a Business Library and this might be things like administration/system/HR polices and they might want to turn off the ability of other users to add/share their notebooks to the library. It could become messy and while I understand its possible to go in and unshare, this means someone has to be constantly checking/monitoring this.

Would be better to provide certain users in the organisation with creator rights to the Business Library.

RE: Forcing the notebooks, I can understand this. 

Thanks

You're welcome! I've made a note of your feature request for the team, and I understand what you're saying. 

Side note: This is not related to your question, but I also wanted to point out that when publishing sensitive notebooks, like HR policies, to the library, you can set permissions levels on that notebook to restrict end users from making edits or sharing. 

Archived