(Archived) Sharing notebook via link?

I want to share lots of notes so I place them all into a notebook and share the whole notebook via a link. Will people only be able to view the notebook and notes if they have an app installed on their device? So far I'm testing on my Android and its requiring me to download the app prior to being able to access the notebook.

Thanks.

I'd like to share notebooks and notes, and not require that a.) the people have an app installed, and b.) have an Evernote account in order to see the notebooks or notes. Is it possible to share notes and notebooks with people that do not have accounts?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

I'd like to share notebooks and notes, and not require that a.) the people have an app installed, and b.) have an Evernote account in order to see the notebooks or notes. Is it possible to share notes and notebooks with people that do not have accounts?

Thanks.

Yup.  Just get the URL of your note (in Windows that's right-click ~Share ~Copy Note URL to Clipboard) and paste it into an email.  Your note is now 'public' in that anyone can view it in a browser provided they know the address.  You can't randomly find it in Google search engines,  but it's as secure as your email - which is to say not so much.  If you find the address has gotten out there and attracted unwelcome attention,  use the same route to stop sharing and the link won't work any more.  You might want to keep shared notes in a separate notebook so you can find and administer them easily.

Archived