(Archived) Empty Notes Deleted by Evernote and Missing from All Devices!

ZZZ

I created several empty notes some time ago as "placeholders" for future information. They were in EN as recently as last night. In case it's relevant I modified a note in the same Notebook. This morning all my empty notes are GONE. To make matters worse they are NOT in the trash can! Needless to say I am concerned.

FALSE ALERT; by searching I just found them in my inbox. Must have been moved there somehow accidentally :o. Moderator, feel free to delete.

• Level 5*

I created several empty notes some time ago as "placeholders" for future information. They were in EN as recently as last night. In case it's relevant I modified a note in the same Notebook. This morning all my empty notes are GONE. To make matters worse they are NOT in the trash can! Needless to say I am concerned.

Hi. Sorry to hear that. First, I would check your account at www.evernote.com to see if they are there. If they are not, I would look at your note histories (if they exist). If they are not in your personal backup (I recommend something that creates versioned backups, like the Time Machine program on Mac), then I would contact support (see the link in my signature below).

• Level 5*

Thanks, please see edit above.

Gotcha. Well, we'll leave this here as a cautionary tale :)

Perhaps this will encourage developers to provide us with a few more basic diagnostic tools: the Activity Log can be a little daunting for most folks, but perhaps several smaller "deleted," "created," "edited," or "moved" logs (basically extracting information from the existing Activity Log and making it more palatable) would be a great help for folks. I would sure like it!

Archived