Preventing students from making notebook changes after submitting them?

stanwelks

I'm looking into using Evernote to have students create notebooks and later share those notebooks with me for grading and feedback.

1. Is there a way to prevent students from making additional changes to their notebooks after they submit them?

2. Is there a timestamp indicating the last time something was changed or updated?

Thanks.

If this is not possible, how are you using it as a teacher to make sure students do not make changes to their work after it is submitted?

Say the due date is tomorrow, a student submits his/her final work, while I am going through all 35 of my students work, what is to stop a student from logging into his/her account and changing info/content/answers?

OR am I missing the way that it is being used by some teachers to have students submit work?

Thanks.

I know of a teacher who has their students work on their projects in Evernote, and then email their completed assignments to the teacher's Evernote email address. In this way, the completed assignment is timestamped and unalterable by the student.

1. When you say the students then email their completed assignments to the teachers, do you mean they share the note and type in the instructor's email to send it, or is this something different?

2. How do the students know their teacher's Evernote email address? Is it shown to students somehow in an address book, or does the teacher have to give it to them?

I'm obviously new to Evernote so thanks for your patience!

Archived