(Archived) Always asked to import previous notes

anu

Idea

I use Evernote on a number of devices, but on my Mac laptop, I always get a message when starting asking me if I'd like to import notes from the previous version of Evernote.

Whatever I choose, the next time I run Evernote, I'll get the same message. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and the same thing happens.

Running Mountain Lion, and the latest version of Evernote (Version 5.0.4 (400702))

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I use Evernote on a number of devices, but on my Mac laptop, I always get a message when starting asking me if I'd like to import notes from the previous version of Evernote.

Whatever I choose, the next time I run Evernote, I'll get the same message. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and the same thing happens.

Running Mountain Lion, and the latest version of Evernote (Version 5.0.4 (400702))

My recommendation would be to go through the steps needed to completely uninstall and reinstall the Evernote site app (not the appstore app). If you still get the message, then something is definitely going wrong, and you'll want to contact support.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

This works for me:

go to /User/Library/Application Support/ and delete the whole "Evernote" folder. Run Evernote from Applications and see if the message still pops up! (It shouldn't, though). (But you'll now need to sign in again and resync all your previous notes from the web, kind of like a fresh  reinstall to some extent)

Archived