(Archived) Unable to play sound records on android version, which were made on PC

Hi All,

I've got some sound records made on Windows version. Unfortunately I was unable to play them on Android 4.4.2. I was always prompted there is no player available for playing those records. On the other hand, I can play those sound records on Windows phone 7.5.

Is this a case of bugs on android versions? Or am I supposed to install a proper sound decoder on my android tablet (Samsung P6810)?

• Level 5*

Hi - not a bug, just a feature; sound files recorded on one device don't always play back on another because of the file format used. You can either find a player that works or convert your files to something like MP3 that plays on most devices.

Hi and welcome. I have had great luck using the app, SoundEver. It seems to work across many platforms.

Several years ago I made a tape recording of my then 87 years old father. We took a min trip together and I had the tape player running as we traveled, got some great stories.

Wanted to put this audio information into Evernote, so I stared the tape player and SoundEver. The tape ran for 32 minutes and SoundEver picked up the total recording, in one pass. Send the SoundEver file to Evernote, and now I have my father's recording/stories in Evernote. Worked like a charm.

Regards,

David in Wichita

Archived