Migrate from Mariner Software's Paperless to Evernote?

Hi Evernote fans!

I'm new to Evernote, but not to the concept. Thanks for making a great product. I own a Fujitsu ScanSnap s1500m scanner (and it's awesome). For the past 18 months, I scan in all my papers, receipts, everything into Mariner Software's "Paperless" application. While I like this application, the absence of an iPad/iPhone version and/or a Web version is quite limiting.

I would like to migrate my entire Paperless library (~1400 documents at last count, mostly PDF) including tags into Evernote. Does anyone know how how? I have nicely sorted all my documents in Paperless to have their correct date, and tagged - and would like to have this reflected in Evernote (i.e. tags, creation date). It's very easy to simply drag + drop all files into Evernote and have them appear as Notes but I would like my tags to be carried over and creation date saved.

Anyone have any ideas?

I really don't want to have to spend days figuring out how to write a script to export from the Paperless SQLite database, and then another script/tool to import into Evernote....

Thanks

Ryan.

• Like 1

I'd love to know how to do this too. I've been using Evernote for research and organizing web clippings for different projects, but would love to also use it to finally scrap Mariner's Paperless system.

I currently use Paperless, as I have since the old Receipt Wallet and Document Wallet days before Mariner bought the software, to organize bills, receipts, business documents, etc -- all in PDF -- going back years and numbering in the multiple thousands of items at this point.

I want to take this library and get it into Evernote but haven't a clue to how to do so while maintaining the organizational structure. Is this possible? I hate throwing myself at the mercy of a free service like Evernote and its user community like this, but I'm honestly quite clueless as to what I'd need to do to make this happen.

Thanks for asking this (today, ironically, as I just came here with the same question)... any help is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Internets. I'm very close to a solution for this - however it requires you to use Dropbox. 

I'm considering offering it as a paid-for service - if you'd be interested, let me know:

a) you're interested. 

B) how much you'd be willing to pay for it

I'm building it as a website whereby:

1. You upload your entire paperless library to Dropbox

2. You connect to my (yet to be published) website and provide your Dropbox + Evernote details

3. My software will help you select the correct Paperless Library and then upload to Evernote. This will include all Tags, Categories etc. 

Get in touch!

Ryan.

• 4 years later...