(Archived) Billing - is it auto or not?

Guys, you may want to take a look at the seemingly contradiction between what Google Checkout says about Evernote subscriptions and what Evernote says about Evernote subscriptions.

Here's the screengrab:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HcGUCo2XCSS1Laaxdkh1Pg

Now, when I'm subscribing at 5 bucks a month I like the auto-renew idea. But when I'm paying $45 a year I would like the opportunity to not auto-renew. Problem is, the "Return Policy for Evernote Corporation" contradicts the button text (45 now + 45 perpetual renewal).

So which is it?

In both cases, it's a recurring subscription by default. If you subscribe for a monthly subscription, it will renew monthly, and if you subscribe yearly, it will renew annually.

If you really just want to pay for one year now and then not have it recur in 365 days, you can sign up for a one-year Premium subscription now and then go to the Settings page of your Evernote account and click "Cancel subscription" there to cancel the recurring payments. this will maintain your Premium level for the year, but you'll automatically revert to non-Premium at the end of your year. (You'll get a reminder email shortly before that happens.)

• 3 years later...

In both cases, it's a recurring subscription by default. If you subscribe for a monthly subscription, it will renew monthly, and if you subscribe yearly, it will renew annually.

If you really just want to pay for one year now and then not have it recur in 365 days, you can sign up for a one-year Premium subscription now and then go to the Settings page of your Evernote account and click "Cancel subscription" there to cancel the recurring payments. this will maintain your Premium level for the year, but you'll automatically revert to non-Premium at the end of your year. (You'll get a reminder email shortly before that happens.)

Is this also true of monthly subscriptions? I ask because I took a monthly subscription out thinking I would only need premium services for a couple of months but now considering shifting to the slight better deal on the yearly subscription and not sure if I have to cancel the monthly and await the subscription reminder

Thanks

If you are within a monthly subscription period and wish to change to Annual, depending on your payment method we may be able to offer you a refund on your current month and allow you to upgrade immediately. Contact Support via the link in my signature for assistance.

Archived