(Archived) A little idea

I'm new to Evernote, and loving it so far. I got particularly excited about the whole "Evernote Moleskine" thing and it got me thinking...

In the future, would it be possible to actually make a physical notebook out of an Evernote notebook? I'm collecting together material for writing my dissertation, and I know it'd also be really useful to have a physical copy to work with. Perhaps this defeats the object of the program, but I think it's be quite useful and nice...

Just an idea...

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the Forums. An interesting suggestion. You can always print out your note pages, but obviously any changes you make to the printed version won't be reflected in the online copy until you make the same changes again.. and sooner or later you'd have to reprint the physical pages to keep up with repeated changes. Plus so far Evernote doesn't give you a lot of control over note layout, so your printed pages are going to look a bit rough and ready. I'm not sure how that would work out in the long term..

Hi gazumped, thanks for the reply. The reason I suggested it is because I write a lot, and I normally collect together all my research first - quotes, pictures, articles - and then start writing, and I find constantly referring to notes on a computer to be quite difficult and annoying in comparison to reading it from a notebook. Because my Evernotes tend to be collections of reference materials, I can't imagine there'd be many changes to be made and so having a hard copy would be really helpful. Obviously I know that the facilities to properly order such a notebook aren't available through Evernote at the moment, and that there's nothing to stop me copying and pasting everything into a word document and then printing off a notebook using Blurb or Lulu or some such service, but if there was a way of less hassle then that'd be great which is why I thought I'd mention it.

Sorry for the epically long reply!

• Level 5*

Hi Ollie_M - believe me I am not one to criticise long replies; I have trouble running under a page myself sometimes.. and thanks for the suggestion - I'm sure the developers will add it to their shopping lists, though I don't know whether or when you'll see any reaction. Now that you mention it I can begin to think of a few uses for a set of well-formatted notebook pages - though providing more tools to do that rather goes against Evernote's principle of keeping the note editor as lean and mean as possible. We'll just have to see...

Archived