(Archived) How do I search Evernote in Windows 8

mindea

Exactly what is being searched? I have a note entitled "inventory stock plan". If I search for "inventory" on the normal PC version its there at the top of the list before I've even finished typing. On the WIndows 8 version I type the full word and tap the search icon and it retunds just 5 notes, and the one I want isn't there. The PC version returns over 40 matches on "Inventory" in the blink of an eye. Mind you, if I did get 40+ matches it might take a while swiping through the tiles to find it, but since the search seems to be disfunctional I can't be sure.

Exactly what is being searched? I have a note entitled "inventory stock plan". If I search for "inventory" on the normal PC version its there at the top of the list before I've even finished typing. On the WIndows 8 version I type the full word and tap the search icon and it retunds just 5 notes, and the one I want isn't there. The PC version returns over 40 matches on "Inventory" in the blink of an eye. Mind you, if I did get 40+ matches it might take a while swiping through the tiles to find it, but since the search seems to be disfunctional I can't be sure.

It should be giving you all 40 back. Based on your post in the other thread, you might not be downsyncing all of your content

• 4 weeks later...

I dread asking, but is there a way to get to Saved Searches in the Win8 app version? I am on a Surface RT so the Desktop version is not available to me. I'd use the Web client, but I also can't figure out how to use them there. I use Saved Searches pretty extensively.

Thanks for the quick response. Fortunately, Saved Searches are supported on my phone so I am not in tears, but it will make things heaps more awesome once you get it in. Let me now if you ever need any beta-testers. :)

Would love to have another beta tester :) You can post in this thread and Geoff should set you up:

• 2 weeks later...

It should be giving you all 40 back. Based on your post in the other thread, you might not be downsyncing all of your content

How does one downsync all content? I am not getting (all) search results either...

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some tips here: http://discussion.ev...sues-read-this/

Are you using a VPN or any other type of specialized internet connection?

That link does not work.

As Peter said above - VERY unimpressed with the Windows 8 version. My life revolves around Evernote - thank God I bought a Windows 8 Pro version on my tablet and not the RT version or I would be miserable right now. Having to switch to my desktop in Windows 8 to use Evernote is annoying.

I clip lots of stuff online and send to Evernote - where is all the neat functionality to do that in Windows 8? Am I missing something?

Clipping is going to be different on the formerly-known-as-Metro side, because apps are sandboxed. Instead of having clippers, the general idea is to use the Share Contract.

With the new Windows 8 app, it's well... new. We're rebuilding functionality and playing catch up to the desktop app that has had many years of development.

• 1 month later...

I swipe for the charm bar, hit search and I get a "This app can't be searched" message on my Windows 8 ThinkPad.  I'd add a screen shot but don't see an attachment icon above in this forum. I have tried this from the ALL NOTES screen and from within notebooks.  How do I search?  Thanks.

Archived