(Archived) Suggestion(s) needed - Organization

Hi folks,

I'm taking on a new role inside my company and it's a good time to re-organize my tags, notebooks, etc.

I have things as follows

Notebook stacks for old job, new job, home

notebooks for specific areas

tags for more specifics

A lot of my tags are relevant in my new job but I don't want to mix notes from my old job with notes in my new role. I sort of want things separated.

I thought about updating every tag with some sort of "marker" so signify "old" but that could take a while.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Just a suggestion, but if you add a date variable to your searches - "show me notes tagged with 'safety instructions' created/ updated after 18 November" wouldn't that solve your problem, without any need to change the tags you're familiar with?

Hi folks,

I'm taking on a new role inside my company and it's a good time to re-organize my tags, notebooks, etc.

I have things as follows

Notebook stacks for old job, new job, home

notebooks for specific areas

tags for more specifics

A lot of my tags are relevant in my new job but I don't want to mix notes from my old job with notes in my new role. I sort of want things separated.

I thought about updating every tag with some sort of "marker" so signify "old" but that could take a while.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

From your description above, what I would do is rename the old-job-tag. IE, if you have a tag for both jobs that is "projects", rename the "projects" tag to "projects - old job" then create a new tag called "projects". FWIW, I've run into some issues when renaming tags & creating new tags with the former name. This was a couple of years ago so may no longer be an issue. But...I still do this. I rename the tag, sync. Then wait a day or two & then create the new tag.

Archived