(Archived) New Evernote lacks alphabet bump in

sbmargo

Idea

I have my "all notes" arranged alphabetically.

The new Evernote doesn't have the old alphabet on the right side when viewing all notes. I used to bump into the general area I wanted to browse this way. How can I do they now? Must I scroll through all my notes, starting at "A"?

I tried the search at the top, but that doesn't do what I want. Anybody know how to get to a certain alphabetical section quickly?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Same problem. I really miss the alphabetic scroll. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

We lost the index bars with the upgrade. To compensate, I've created more focused saved searches. Using the advanced grammar and multiple keywords I try to make it so that only 5 or 10 notes come up with a search.

Thanks!

We lost the index bars with the upgrade. To compensate, I've created more focused saved searches. Using the advanced grammar and multiple keywords I try to make it so that only 5 or 10 notes come up with a search.

Thank you GrumpyMonkey,

Still, entering a search is nowhere as quick as pressing on a letter of the alphabet.

• Level 5*

Thanks!

Thank you GrumpyMonkey,

Still, entering a search is nowhere as quick as pressing on a letter of the alphabet.

You're welcome. I certainly do miss the indexes, but I can assure you that the saved searches are fast. From opening the app, you are just four taps away from anything (1 to open, 1 for all notes, 1 for search field, and 1 for the search). No typing or scrolling needed.

Thanks!

Thank you GrumpyMonkey,

You're welcome. I certainly do miss the indexes, but I can assure you that the saved searches are fast. From opening the app, you are just four taps away from anything (1 to open, 1 for all notes, 1 for search field, and 1 for the search). No typing or scrolling needed.

Thank you for your suggestions GrumpyMonkey.

I've tried to use them as you said but they just don't work for me. I rolled back to the earlier version. Maybe the next version will consider putting back the index bar.

• Level 5*

Thanks!

Thank you GrumpyMonkey,

Thank you for your suggestions GrumpyMonkey.

I've tried to use them as you said but they just don't work for me. I rolled back to the earlier version. Maybe the next version will consider putting back the index bar.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I agree, and hope we get the index bars back soon as well.

Archived