Using Evernote in a workflow

Rob de Jonge

Hi,

As part of my job, I regularly have to review documents that my team has produced. For a while I have been looking for a way to save those documents somewhere, but nothing really seemed to be good enough to keep reminding myself the documents were awaiting my review. Now, I've settled for the time being on putting the documents into Evernote because the combination of having the document plus my comments on it and being able to send my team a link to that combination is rather powerful.

The one problem I have is that I would really like a reminder things are awaiting my review. On my iPhone I have an email program which reminds me of new email messages. I have Things which reminds me how many tasks are due today. I would really like to have a way to show an icon badge that indicates to me '2 documents are awaiting review'. I could of course create tasks for this, but what happens if I keep checking what the tasks are and conclude I don't have the time to sit down and read through a document.

There seems to not be any app that does this. I'm so desperate for this solution that I've actually gone and installed XCode on my Mac, even though I've never programmed :-)

If you know of such a tool, do let me know!

cheers,

Rob

Hello Rob,

Have you considered using IFTTT.com and seeing what kind of recipes you can set up to track data like that? That might be able to do what you are needing. If not that site then look at zapier.com

Both of those sites give you the ability to set up work flows for your business processes. I have it do something similar for Google Calendar.

Hope that helps.

Archived