(Archived) Pasting an image into a note

I'm trying to transfer notes that I've made in the past to Evernotes. Like your blog, my notes contain text as well as screen capture images. When I select all, & copy, I then paste the material into a evernote. However, only the text portion is pasted. So my question is how do I paste image files into an evernote.

What program were the notes original made in?

If you have a way to convert them to HTML (or just open them in a browser) - just clip them right into Evernote that way.

Otherwise, you'll need to right-click and "save as" on the image, and add it separately from the text, or hit the "Print Screen" button and use the clipper.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was actually copying notes from my Lotus Organizer notepad. But, I also have plenty of notes that I've made in Word and One Note. I liked the potential of Evernote to classify all my notes as well as make them available on my itouch & desktop.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, many of my notes on file contain images that help clarify my documentation. I was thinking of evernotes as a notemaker that mixes images with text in all circumstance, and not that images would come specifically from web pages.

What program were the notes original made in?

If you have a way to convert them to HTML (or just open them in a browser) - just clip them right into Evernote that way.

Otherwise, you'll need to right-click and "save as" on the image, and add it separately from the text, or hit the "Print Screen" button and use the clipper.

I added a comment to my original post..not really knowing the protocol.

I have to say though that the right click "save as" doesn't work on my mac where Lotus Organizer (a windows program) is part of fusion- vista. I've got a lot of notes in the Organizer notepad which I would like to transfer to evernote, but I don't know of a way of converting them easily to HTML. Word produces an htm file which might work but it's a roundabout way.

Archived