(Archived) Sharing a notebook without risking deleted notes.

I currently share a fairly important notebook with my employees. It's my "Contacts" notebook in which each note is a different contact. My employees are all allowed to share this notebook but I've made it "Read" only so that they don't inadvertently mess things up. The only problem is that they are unable to add notes to this notebook. I would prefer to arrange it so that they could access all of my notes (without being able to delete any) but to also add any note that they wanted to. Currently I find no simple way to do this that does not involve a work-around. For example, I have asked them to add all of their contact notes into a seperate notebook and I will merge them from time to time into my main shared Contacts notebook.

• Level 5*

Adding a new note would normally be considered a "write" operation, which would violate the "read-only" setting of your shared notebook. You might be able to get around this by publishing your Evernote email to them, and having them email any new notes that they want added to that email address.

Archived